Early Bird Winners
-Tammy Laframboise Cobden- Chain saw
-Chuck Davidson Pembroke-Chain Saw
-Lloyd Levesque Castleford-Sens Tickets
Grand Prize Winners
-John Hunt - Portable Ice Shack
-Max Cull- Ice Auger
-Brad Barton - Vegas Trip
-Brad Scoffeld- Boat/Motor
Cash Prize Winners for Fish
1st place Pike-$500.00 Andrew Cameraon
2nd place Pike-$200.00 Larry Burcheski
3rd place Pike-$100.00 Sean Finley
1st Place Trout-$500.00 Lance Buckwalt
2nd Place Trout-$200.00 Jason English
3rd Place Trout-$100.00 Ryan Rathwell
1st Place Perch-$500.00 Hunter Muslak
2nd Place Perch-$200.00 Shawna Brottan
3rd Place Perch-$100.00 Mike Ott
Grand Prize for Largest overall Fish $500.00 goes to Lance Buckwalt
Kids Winners Derby
1st place Boys-Remote 4 wheeler-Aiden Irving
2nd Place Boys-Rod and Reel kit-Jillian Finlay
3dr Place Boys-ice fishing rod-Marcus Sovey
1st Place Girls-Remote 4 wheeler-Lauren Bresseau
2nd Place Girls-Rod and Reel kit-Stacey Jones
3rd Place Girls-ice fishing rod- Reid Shower
Who To Contact for Questions?
More to Know about
The Cobden Fishing Derby
For more information contact:
Dave Cartman 613-433-1173
Chantelle Cartman 613-433-2795
Kevin & Cindy Lamorie 613-558-4364
For Visa/Mastercard contact:
John Cull 613-646-7876
Thank you to all our Sponsors, Volunteers and Prize Donors for making our derby`s a Success!
Muskrat Lake Civitan Ice Fishing Derby Rules
$5000 cash prize is on Minimum of 500 tickets sold., Cash prizes may change if minimum is not sold
1. fee $25.00 per tcket
2. Payment must be made by cheque, money order, visa or master card, or cash. CASH WILL BE ONLY ACCEPTED
AFTER JAN. 17 ,2017. Cheques or money orders can be made payable to Cobden Civitan Club.Registration by CASH ONLY will be accepted on site Feb, 4TH, 2017 until 9AM.
3. Contestants will HAVE TO drill their own holes. A person will be available to drill , for a fee.
4. The Contest is scheduled for Feb 4th, 2017 from 9 am to 1:00pm at Cobden Ontario. Registration will be open at 7am. Early bird registration before Jan 17th, 2017 contestants will be entered into another contest. Everyone that purchases tickets will go into the grand prize draw of Princecraft 12 ft. boat and 8 hp Mercury Motor, Vegas Trip and auger (draw will be at the end of derby). You do Not have to be present for the three grand prizes.
5. Prizes are determined by kind, LENGTH and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered wins.
6. You may register as many fish as you want. Winning person must be present immediately when announced to claim prize, but only one prize will be awarded per contestant for any of the three categories, Pike, Trout, and Perch
7. Tournament boundaries will be marked with cedar trees. Fishing will be at the head of the lake. Vehicles will be checked for illegal live fish. People will be disqualified on the spot when caught.
8 . You are at all times before during and after derby, responsible for the following -Ministry Rules and Regulations, your safety, actions, gear and equipment. (Ontario Fishing Regulations in Effect zone 15) If not followed contestant will automatically be disqualified on the spot when caught.
9. Any registered contestants fishing in fish huts, portables, groups, etc., will not be permitted to fish with non-registered contestants. This will disqualify you, the registered contestant.
10. All fish entered must be brought to the judge’s stand immediately and alive. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. The decisions of the judges are final. PLEASE BRING A 5 – GALLON PAIL OR CONTAINER WITH HANDLE FOR YOUR FISH TO BRING THEM TO THE MEASURING STATION ALIVE. PLEASE HAVE WATER IN THE CONTAINER AS THIS IS A CATCH AND RELEASE CONTEST.
11. Contestants must fish in the area designated for the contest and will be required to have his//her ticket tag attached to their jacket and visible at all times. If registering for the early bird in advance you will be given or we will mail your ticket tag in advance. Advance ticket tag holders WILL NOT have to re-register the day Of. You must have ticket tag visible while entering gate at launch. We are not responsible for lost or stolen ticket tags. Tickets must match for claiming of prizes.
12. Contestants may use fishing huts and portables
13. Please use the garbage cans available. This is your CANADA.
14. Prizes will be handed out after the tournament at the Muskrat Lake boat launch.
15. Failure to comply with the contest rules subject contestants to disqualification.
16. The organizer may at any time before, during and after each event change event format if so required.
17. Visa or Master card by phone by calling John Cull 613-646-7876
18. Each entrant, upon registration to compete in the Derby, agrees that he/her will not hold the Sponsors liable for any kind of accident that might occur during this tournament. Photographs taken during or after the tournament become the property of the Cobden Civitan club and will be used without compensation or permission.
19. If conditions occur which are found to be dangerous to Derby participants, the Cobden Civitan Club Organizing Committee have the right to deem the Derby complete and the prizes will be given out by random draw.
20. Free Junior Derby (12 years age and under) it will be a separate fishing derby for max 2 children that accompany a paid participant for the Adult Derby. Junior Derby participants must register day of derby. Prizes to be won for the Junior Derby are separate from the paid Adult Derby. Entry for Junior Derby will be at the same time as the paid adult. Junior Derby members will have to follow all other rules.
21. Breakfast, Coffee, donuts and bar b que lunch will be available for purchase.